If you’re outgrowing your current home, you may be debating between remodeling or moving. While there are pros and cons to each, the ultimate decision you make will come down to what’s best for you and your family. As you think about moving vs. remodeling, here are a few things to consider:
Pros of Remodeling
Remodeling your home can have multiple advantages over moving in some cases, including:
- You get to control the design and the outcome. One thing that many people love about remodeling is that you get to control the outcome of your remodel; in other words, you get to remodel your home exactly how you’re envisioning it. It’s hard to find a new home that will meet your exact expectations.
- Remodeling may be less expensive. Selling a home, purchasing a new home, and paying for relocation costs can be pricey. While remodeling isn’t cheap, chances are you’ll spend more on moving.
- Remodeling may be simpler than moving. Another benefit to staying in your current home and remodeling is that it may be simpler than moving—packing up your life’s possessions and transporting them can be a real headache.
- Remodeling can improve the value of your current home. If you are thinking about selling in the future, remodeling now can be an easy way to improve the value of your home later on.
Pros of Moving
Depending on your lifestyle and your needs, moving can have some advantages, too!
- Your new home is ready to go. One thing that many people enjoy about moving to a new home vs. remodeling is that you don’t have to deal with the hassle of construction. If you choose a move-in-ready home, you can avoid any construction/contractors.
- You get a fresh perspective. You may have outgrown your current home and neighborhood and are looking for a fresh start in a new place, in which case relocation makes sense.
- You may experience other fringe benefits. There may be other benefits associated with moving, including a shorter commute time, a better school district, a bigger lot, new neighbors, etc.
Call Doppler Construction, Inc. Today to Learn More About Home Remodeling
When thinking about remodeling vs. moving, it’s important to consider your budget, the current housing market, your emotional attachment to your current home, and your overall goals. If remodeling ends up being the right decision for you, our team at Doppler Construction, Inc. can help. Call our remodeling professionals today to learn more!