At first glance, you may be thinking, “What? There are different types of showers?” While the shower might strike you as nothing more than a nook in your home where you simply wash in preparation for work as part of your daily routine, a shower has the potential to be a space where you decompress and a part of your home that features an artistic and beautiful design. At Doppler Construction, Inc., we love bathroom remodeling projects, and one of our most favorite parts of those projects is helping our customers choose shower type and design. Here’s an overview of some of the various shower types and designs that are popular today – if you’re thinking about a bathroom remodel, call our team directly to learn more.
Types and Designs of Showers
The image of a shower that you have in your head may not be what’s trending today. Here are some popular and modern shower designs to consider for your bathroom remodel–
- Doorless showers. We should mention that not only are these showers doorless, but they’re curtain-less, too! These showers are totally open – you just walk right in. Of course, one of the downsides is that there’s a lot less privacy than a doored shower, especially for those who share a bathroom. The benefits, though, include that a doorless shower can make your bathroom feel roomier and more spacious, as well as look very modern.
- Full body showers. A full body shower isn’t your typical shower; instead, this type of shower is custom-designed to feature multiple showerheads and water jets from knees to shoulders, as well as a standard above-head showerhead. These provide a unique, massage-like experience that’s immersive and enjoyable.
- Bathtub-shower combo. If you don’t have space for a separate tub or shower, a bathtub-shower combo is a decades-old design that’s still popular today, especially for families with small children.
- Corner enclosure showers. One space-saving technique that can also add aesthetic appeal to a home is to choose a corner-enclosure shower. These can have curved doors that form an arc or be square in shape. These are nicely tucked in, thereby conserving space and opening up the room.
- Snail shower. One very modern and beautiful shower design trend that we love is the snail shower. Named for the curve of the shower wall, which resembles that of a snail’s shell, a snail shower is a type of walk-in shower that doesn’t have a door but does have a curved wall that allows for more privacy than a truly doorless shower design.
Call Us Today for Bathroom Remodeling You’ll Love!
If you’re remodeling your bathroom, updating your shower is a must. To learn more about bathroom remodeling and shower designs, please call our professionals at Doppler Construction, Inc. today. We look forward to working with you!