For small master bathrooms, guest bathrooms, or half-baths, knowing how to make the space feel luxurious and roomy can be tough. At Doppler Construction, Inc., we specialize in bathroom remodels, and small bathroom remodels are something we’re very familiar with! If you’ve been thinking about remodeling a smaller bathroom in your home, here are some small bathroom remodel ideas we think you’ll love—
Ideas to Make a Small Bathroom Feel Bigger
Whether you’re thinking about a small remodel or a big one, here are a few ideas that can help to make a space feel bigger than it really is—
- Keep colors light—Dark colors can make a room feel smaller than it really is. Lighter colors, on the other hand, brighten up a small room and reflect light, making the room feel larger.
- Add more mirrors—Using mirrors is a great way to increase the perceived size of a space. You can have mirrors reflect into one another (i.e. have a mirror above the sink and a mirror against the direct opposite wall), or you can add more than one mirror in different locations of the bathroom.
- Choose a glass shower—Remodeling and installing a glass shower instead of a traditional tub + shower combo is a great way to open up the room. If you want things to be really open, you can consider a walk-in shower that is wall/glass-free.
- Open up walls—Do you have a bathroom that uses walls and a door to separate the toilet from the rest of the space? One way that you can make the space bigger is to take out those walls and go for an open layout concept.
- Extend wall tiles—One optical illusion that can make a space feel larger than it is to extend the same color or pattern from your walls all the way into your shower, creating a continuous track for the eyes to follow. Because showers are wet, we recommend doing this with wall and floor tiles.
- Maximize shelving—Adding shelving can help to reduce clutter and make a tight space more functional. We love built-in shower shelving!
- Upgrade appliances/accessories—Upgrading your appliances and accessories will make a bathroom feel newer, cleaner, more modern, and, often, larger.
Call Doppler Construction, Inc. for Bathroom Remodeling Services Today
To learn more about bathroom remodeling for small bathrooms, please reach out to our team today for a free estimate. We have over two decades of experience in the home remodeling industry and look forward to your project.