If you’re thinking about improving the aesthetics of your bathroom, replacing the flooring can be a great place to start. Updating your flooring can significantly improve the look and feel of a bathroom while adding value. Before you buy just any flooring material, though, it’s smart to talk with a professional about the best flooring options for bathrooms. At Doppler Construction, Inc., we can help you to pick out the right flooring material for your bathroom and your budget.
Bathroom Flooring Options
The best flooring option for you will depend on your budget and your vision for the space. Some of our favorite flooring materials for bathrooms include—
- Porcelain/ceramic tile. Porcelain tile is waterproof, looks great, and is relatively inexpensive. The difference between porcelain and ceramic is that the former has a higher water absorption rate, making it perfect for rooms with baths and showers; for half-baths, ceramic is equally as effective.
- Vinyl flooring. Two of the biggest advantages of vinyl flooring are that vinyl is expensive and it’s also waterproof—ideal for the wettest room of the house. While it’s easy to replace, it’s important to remember that vinyl has a relatively low resale value.
- Stone. Stone is an amazing bathroom flooring material, but also one of the most expensive. Stone looks great, is very durable, and has few moisture problems; the downside: it’s very difficult for a DIY install and also pretty pricey.
- Engineered wood. Better than solid wood—which can suffer damage when there’s a lot of moisture—engineered wood can look great in the right bathroom. The downsides to wood in the bathroom are the amount of wear-and-tear and potential damage it may undergo, as well as the fact that engineered wood is expensive.
- Laminate. Laminate is a lower-cost option compared to engineered wood, and it can look great and can hold up well against wear and tear; however, it may suffer serious moisture damage if you’re not careful, and therefore may not be the best flooring option for a bathroom with a full bath or shower.
Get Help from Doppler Construction, Inc. Today
If you’re on the fence about the best flooring material for your bathroom, our team at Doppler Construction, Inc. can help. We’ll work with you to choose the best material, and we’ll also handle the removal of your new floors and the installation of the new flooring material. Reach out to our trusted team today to learn more.