If you’ve been thinking about remodeling your kitchen, you’re not just daydreaming about added space and upgraded design, but about improved home value and kitchen functionality, too. As you think about your ideal kitchen remodel, be sure to consider the benefits of having a kitchen island. At Doppler Construction, Inc., here are some of our favorite things about kitchen islands—to learn more, just reach out to us directly.
Top Reasons to Think About Installing a Kitchen Island
Some of the top reasons to think about adding an island to your kitchen if you’re considering a kitchen remodel or renovation include:
- More counter space. Most homeowners dream of adding more countertop space to their existing kitchen, which can feel cramped when it comes to meal preparation and baking. If you’ve been yearning for more counter space but aren’t sure where to add it, a kitchen island is the solution. This is an easy way to give yourself the surface space you’ve been dreaming of. Bring out the chef!
- More storage space. Perhaps even more than countertop space, additional storage space may be at the top of your wishlist. If this sounds like you, note that a kitchen island doubles as a storage zone, with additional drawers, shelving, and cupboards (you can get creative when it comes to designing the island storage that suits your needs).
- More room to gather. One thing that we love about kitchen islands is that they not only serve a very functional purpose, but they also provide us with a space to gather around. When you invite friends or family over, the kitchen island may become the spot of the home where you share conversations, good food, a glass of wine, and love.
- A design focal point. From a design perspective, a kitchen island gives the eye something to focus on and can be the focal point of the room. Want to really make your island stand out? Consider adding a pop of color.
- More seating room. Once again from a functional perspective, a kitchen island provides the opportunity to add stools, which allows for more seating opportunities. If you have a cramped kitchen that doesn’t accommodate a table or a large table, stools can be a great option.
Learn More About Kitchen Remodels Today
To learn more about kitchen remodels and why adding an island may be a great addition to a kitchen redesign project, call Doppler Construction, Inc. today. We have years of experience in the industry and look forward to answering your questions!